Hi, my name is Jay Johnson and I’ve been a consultant in the window and door industry since 2001. My personal research has taken me to multiple facilities within the United States, Germany, and Canada, such as glass manufacturers, sound testing labs, bay/bow shell manufacturers, and window and door manufacturers.
I’ve published 3 books on windows and doors teaching homeowners how to get specific and relevant information they need to make a fair comparison and an educated decision on windows.
(If) you know exactly what to look for and what to ask choosing a window company is easy. Gathering tons of information and sitting through long presentations are useless unless you know what’s relevant and why.
My latest book “Shopping for Windows 101” is designed to do the following;
- How to pick select window companies (in advance) so you’re not wasting time with ones you wouldn’t do business with anyway.
- What to look for in a warranty and why.
- How to know in what order each company should be priced.
- How to turn a long worthless presentation into a shorter meaningful one!
- How to control the presentation so it benefits (you)!
- Relevant questions (you) need to ask and why!
- What (you) need to look for on windows and why!
- How to know which companies truly have the best windows based on facts, not assumptions!
- Most importantly save you time, money, and frustration!
Remember, “Sometimes you have to be willing to prove yourself wrong to see if you are actually right” Jay Johnson